At Per Diem we want to reinvent local commerce, and we believe that starts by connecting customers to the best local subscriptions. Through Per Diem, customers can discover food & drink subscriptions and support local while small, independent businesses get access to new consumers in their city. As part of the Per Diem team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
As a Graphic Designer at Per Diem, you’ll use your strong graphic design and production skills to build high quality design deliverables within existing templates for emails, web pages, blog post heroes, social media, and other digital and print projects, as well as concept and design original email content.
You’ll work across Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sendgrid to produce, proof, and ship content in a fast-paced startup environment. You’ll collaborate with Per Diem’s marketing, design, and engineering stakeholders. If you love local businesses, have a strong work ethic, and passion for brand and design, Per Diem is the right place for you.
What you'll do
- Build-out emails, web pages, blog post heros, social media posts, and other digital and print deliverables based on new and pre-existing templates – while upholding high graphic design, file quality, and organizational standards
- Translate plain copy text into exquisite type hierarchies
- Uphold type, color, composition, and image selection standards across all projects
- Design new emails, and email components based on Per Diem’s brand aesthetic
- Select, edit, crop, and save out photos
- Build and maintain non-destructive working files within a shared file system
- Create dynamic email and web designs – in which you will provide clear direction to, and work in close collaboration with an external front-end engineering team
- Collaborate with Per Diem’s email manager, copywriter/content strategist, and social media teams to complete projects
- Learn a ton about local businesses and subscriptions
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong foundational graphic design skills; with an emphasis on type, layout, color, and design systems
- Performance focused email and web design experience
- Advanced Figma, Photoshop, & Illustrator skills.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Basic skills in animation and video editing software
- A solid foundational understanding of HTML & CSS principles and structure
- A very strong eye for image selection, and image cropping. As well as photo editing skills
- Knowledge of Sendgrid, and/or openness to learning the program for email design and editing
- The ability to design within templates, and an appreciation for the zen of production work
- Experience with Gsuite
- 1-2 years experience working in design at a startup or eCommerce environment
Great to have:
- HTML & CSS coding skills
- Familiarity with, and enthusiasm for producing content for Instagram and TikTok
- Experience working with Shutterstock, or Getty Images
- An annual coffee bean subscription
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary