Hey, we're Per Diem and we're growing!
Per Diem makes it easy for local businesses to start selling subscriptions online.
We also want to offer consumers the ability to subscribe & save from their favorite local businesses.
We support a two-sided marketplace, come join us as part of the founding team.
** You’ll work on
A fast-paced highly collaborative team to build out our platform aimed at helping local businesses manage their daily operations from anywhere in the world on their Web devices and mobile phones.
As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with a passionate and diverse group of full-stack engineers, designers, and product managers who are committed to building beautiful, scalable, and high-value features.
You'll be responsible for sound technical execution through hands-on development, automated testing, and prototyping of our flagship product.
You will ship and support features used daily by thousands of customers to dynamically manage their operations, control availability, and build inventory in real-time.
** About you
You are a person that loves to code across the full-stack, but have a passion for every aspect of delivering value to a customer through their web client. You are curious, passionate and constantly thinking about making code clean and better.
You love to learn new things and you feel energized when you share with the people around you. You are open to new ideas and pairing sessions as opportunities to learn.
When you build software, you consider how people will use it from all angles. You take pride in carefully honing your work until it feels reliable and effortless to use.
You’ll help us:
- Collaborate with other team members, teams, software engineers, product managers, delivery managers, and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Help foster a strong team culture and cultivate innovation.
- Innovate our domain model and systems to better fit our products and services
- Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members
You’ll fit right in if:
- Good experience with modern CSS and HTML5
- Good understanding of async design patterns
- Unit testing/TDD experience
- Experience building an automation‐focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy
- You are client-focused, react well to changes, work with teams and able to multitask on multiple products and project
Optional, but a major plus:
- Deep knowledge in Node.js and a server framework like Express
- Server-Side Rendering (Nuxt, Next)
- Experience working within a distributed SOA architecture
- Proven experience designing and building Restful APIs and Microservices architecture
- Web Sockets communication strategies
- Docker and container-based deployment