At Per Diem we want to reinvent local commerce, and we believe that starts by connecting customers to the best local subscriptions. Through Per Diem, customers can discover food & drink subscriptions and support local while small, independent businesses get access to new consumers in their city. As part of the Per Diem team, you'll collaborate with a group of caring, passionate, and high-performing people to realize our vision while fostering a culture where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives and feel good about the work they're doing.
As Per Diem’s Content Strategist, you will drive the messaging across the funnel from launching new products to resurrecting churned users, you will craft copy that stays true to the brand, while moving metrics. You will support the Product & Marketing teams to shape the customer experience by writing compelling copy for our paid ads, emails, landing pages, product experience, blog posts, and printed materials. You should demonstrate a solid aptitude for direct response copy and be a collaborative, creative thinker who can produce smart, engaging copy.
- Act as a point person for the CRM Team in ideating, developing and writing marketing emails.
- Collaborate with the CEO to create weekly marketing newsletters, transactional emails, triggered emails, targeted campaigns, SMS copy, and site copy.
- Help manage the marketing content calendar
- Support acquisition efforts to come up with concepts and copy for paid ads and other paid marketing placements including, but not limited to, direct mail, paid search, partnerships, and landing pages
- Write hard-hitting copy that drives action and performance while maintaining strong focus on the customer
- Contribute to brand blog to support SEO and email marketing efforts by working with freelance writers to brainstorm compelling topics, assign articles, and build blog posts.
- Collaborate with customer experience team, creative, and businesses as needed, to develop content and tell compelling stories in the brand voice across channels.
- 1-2 years experience writing for a consumer brand (or relevant experience)
- Knowledge of CMS or an openness to learn
- A deadline-driven work ethic with strong time management skills
- Attention to detail in your execution but flexibility in your approach
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative attitude with a proactive mindset
- Eagerness to learn and a curiosity for knowledge (especially when it comes to coffee!)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects on fast-moving schedules
- Adaptability to last-minute asks and changing timelines with flexibility
- Copy editing experience and/or coffee knowledge are a plus, but not required
Great to have:
- Familiarity with, and enthusiasm for producing content for Instagram and TikTok
- Experience working with Shutterstock, or Getty Images
- An annual coffee bean subscription
- To be involved in building an early-stage company with an experienced leadership team
- Opportunities to personally shape this new and innovative marketplace
- Competitive salary